KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY is Friday, November 30th, 2018. This day is an opportunity for everyone in Wisconsin to learn more about the dangers of methamphetamine use and addiction, and what actions can be taken to prevent it.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Northwoods Coalition, and Alliance for Wisconsin Youth encourages organizations and individuals to take action on KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY.
Meth is becoming more prevalent in Wisconsin, particularly in the northwestern region, and KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY allows the community to work together to help fight this growing epidemic.
What You Can Do
Ideas on how organizations/businesses/schools/faith communities can participate in KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY:
- Hold an awareness event – bring in a physician, law enforcement, or counselor for a panel discussion
- Print, distribute, post KNOW METH education and awareness materials available at no charge via the online ordering portal
- Promote your event by using our Meth Awareness Day posters, social media graphics, and suggested social media text posts found here
Ideas on how Individuals can participate in KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY:
- Talk to your children, friends, and family members about the risks and dangers of meth use
- Monitor the use of pseudoephedrine (cold medicine) in your home
- Learn about the risks and get the facts about meth
- Refuse to purchase pseudoephedrine for another person
- Report suspicious activity to law enforcement’s drug tipline: 1-800-622-3784
- If you come across suspected meth lab waste, immediately contact your local law enforcement agency
- Review KNOW METH resources and get involved in your local coalition
- Attend KNOW METH AWARENESS DAY event(s) in your area